Saturday 16 April 2011

White Chocolate Blondies


Technically, white chocolate isn't really chocolate at all as it does not contain cocoa solids. I did not know that until recently. But I never really though about it, let alone did any research on it before. White chocolate contains cocoa butter (pale yellow pure vegetable fat extracted from the cocoa bean), sugar, milk solids, vanilla and lecithin (an emulsifier that allows all the ingredients to be bound together in a stable way). Beware of any white chocolate that does not contain cocoa butter. The cheap & nasty versions replace the cocoa butter with generic vegetable fat.  Shame on them!


I have a renewed interest in white chocolate lately and subsequently have made a few cookies and biscotti containing white chocolate. so when I came across this recipe in my new Fat Witch Brownies book, they were on the To Do list immediately. And now I have read up on the subject of white chocolate a bit, so if you're at all interested you might like to know...
More... )

No comments:

Post a Comment