Tuesday 26 April 2011

Chorizo Stew & Spanakopita Triangles


You know what its like when you haven't had the motivation to go to the supermarket for a week, and then you get to a long weekend and there are bank holidays and the sun is shining and you would much rather be picnicking out in the sun than even thinking about broaching the entrance of any shop. Even a painful hobbled attempt at a run is better than contemplating shopping. No. I don't like shopping at the best of times. I tolerate food shopping as its a means to an end. Don't even get me started on the ordeal that is clothes shopping. Ugh, I shiver at the mere thought.


So when the cupboards and the fridge and even the freezer are rather bare, and the most appealing things you have in the kitchen are a lovely string of fresh chorizo and a plait of garlic straight from Spain, chorizo stew was an obvious solution. It did feel like it needed an accompaniment, not necessarily related. So out of the freezer came some phyllo pastry (for some reason I have 3 boxes in there - who knows what I was thinking), and from the fridge came feta cheese and spinach and kale.
More... )

No comments:

Post a Comment