Thursday 14 April 2011

Daring Cooks April, Edible Containers


There are a couple of things I was reminded of while cooking & baking last night.

Hot things, like pans that have just come out of the oven - they will burn you if you touch them

The old adage that my Gran used to be a big fan of, more haste less speed, its very true and it works.

Cake flour is easy to make, don't panic if you have a cake to make and you don't have any. You can start panicing if you don't have any regular flour or any cornflour.

Last night I went for a run after work. First pain free run in AGES, woohoo! :) I went really slowly and just relished every minute of it. It was awesome. I couldn't stop smiling for like 3 hours afterwards. But a consequence of running really slowly is that you don't get done quickly. So I only got home at 7:20, and I had a big cake to make, cake filling to make, and my daring cooks challenge to make. So after a moment of 'I don't know where to start' flappiness. I took a deep breath, and just started. More haste less speed. And thats when I remembered another important thing. Women can multi-task. And thank heavens for that!


Renata of Testado, Provado & Aprovado! was our Daring Cooks' April 2011 hostess. Renata challenged us to think "outside the plate" and create our own edible containers! Prizes are being awarded to the most creative edible container and filling, so vote on your favorite from April 17th to May 16th at http://thedaringkitchen.com!

 I was into the soup idea for this challenge from the beginning. I am a big fan of soup and as I am trying to eat relatively healthy this week, soup fits the bill perfectly.

As far as soup varieties go, I'm a tomato girl all the way. Butternut has its place, as does a brothy prawn hot and sour soup, but for a 'make a big batch and eat it daily' soup, tomato is always my first choice.
More... )

No comments:

Post a Comment