Sunday 24 April 2011

My First Foray into the world of the Cake Ball


I had vaguely herd of the American concept of the 'cake pop' before but my first hands on experience with a cake ball/pop was by accident when shopping at the Peter Herd bakery not far from where I work. I was on a mission to get cakes for an office meeting or some such excuse, and the lovely ladies behind the counter drew attention to the cake balls. Round, chocolate covered, prettily decorated spheres, with unknown delights inside. How could I resist?


The first taste was an experience. The cake balls have a cake-like flavour but a much denser consistency. This first one was a lemon cake ball. It did not taste like actual lemon though, but more like lemon flavouring. But it was not unpleasant, far from it. I was intrigued by the concept and have sampled a couple of other flavours since then, and I have been mulling over the prospect of making them myself ever since.

 


More... )

No comments:

Post a Comment