Friday 22 April 2011

Banana Breads


When one buys a big bunch of bananas with the intention of eating them in a healthy way, sometimes one does not make it through all of them before they get to the edge of the usability ledge. So last week, I had this big bunch of bananas, that for some or other reason I did not manage to munch my way through. And as I am loathe to throw food away, what else could I do but make banana bread out of them. Due to the sheer number of bananas that were slowly browning in my fruit bowl, I had the pleasure of not just 1 but 2 banana breads. And in the interest of interesting, they had to be transformed into 2 different banana breads. Why do 1 when you can do 2?



The first bread I knew had to be my favourite, Joy the Baker's Peanut Butter Banana Bread. Just with a couple of little tweaks. I roasted the bananas as the other banana bread recipe called for roasted bananas and I found the concept fun. I also added chocolate chips. How could I not. So its Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Roasted Banana Banana Bread. What a mouthful!
More... )

No comments:

Post a Comment