Sunday 5 June 2011

Lemon and Blueberry Birthday Cake


I am always on the look out for an excuse to make a big bad behemouth of a cake. Sky High by name and by nature is how I like my cake. Don't get me wrong, I know that size isn't everything, but nothing quite compares to the splendour of a 3-tier monster. So whenI heard it was our graphic designer's birthday this week, and his girlfriend's birthday as well, I jumped at the chance to make him a cake. And not just any cake, a big, beautiful one. I do love causing a ooohs and aaahs and smiles. And I got some this time :)



I was trying to think of what kind of cake to make and what he would like. I looked at a vanilla latte cake (he likes coffee), tiramisu cake (who doesn't like tiramisu?), big chocolate fudge cake (cant go wrong with chocolate), but when I found the triple lemon blueberry layer cake, I was sold. I know he likes a lemon cake, and this one is packed with beautiful big blueberries, layered with terrifically tangy lemon curd and smothered with sultry smooth lemon buttercream. Yum with a capital Y!
More... )

No comments:

Post a Comment