Tuesday 1 March 2011

A Creamy Dreamy Crunchy Sweet February - Espresso Panna Cotta and Cherry and Ginger Florentines



The February 2011 Daring Bakers' challenge was hosted by Mallory from A Sofa in the Kitchen. She chose to challenge everyone to make Panna Cotta from a Giada De Laurentiis recipe and Nestle Florentine Cookies.


You know how sometimes, even with the best laid plans and oodles of forethought, life sometimes gets in the way of your plans? Well, I had that this week. Life saw my well prepared, organised, on-time training coming, and it just went ahead and jumped right in the middle of the tracks in front of it causing a de-railing and a significant delay.


Anyway, I digress. I really enjoyed this challenge. I have made panna cotta many times before so that was not new, but I hunted around for a variation on panna cotta that I had not seen/tried before, and thus I came upon Espresso panna cotta. The combination of coffee and cream and vanilla sounded like a match made in heaven, so that was the one I chose. I also chose to make the coffee gelee to snazzy it up a bit. I just wish I'd had cuter, smaller bowls to put it in as the ones I used were kind of a 2-in-1 serving. As in, plenty for 2 people. The panna cotta is pretty rich.


More... )

No comments:

Post a Comment