Tuesday 29 March 2011

Berry Breakfast Smoothie and Not a PB, but a PA

On Sunday I ran the Wilmslow Half Marathon. I had trained. I had worked for it. But still I was not as fast as I was in my last half marathon. That sucks. Not that I am usually fast at all, but I'm speaking relatively here. I honestly don't think that I'm naturally built for running, but its something that I normally enjoy doing, and it allows me to eat cake. So its win win. 

If you have ever run any kind of race before, whether it be a 5k, a Half Marathon or the insanity that is a full Marathon, you will know that racing = pain.  In my case, 2 hours of pain. Which is how long it took me to run the 13.1m/21km. While running along for 2 hours, one has a lot of time to think. And at times I thought about the sports jelly beans I was shoving into my mouth at mile intervals, and wondering if they were doing anything apart from making me gag as I tried to swallow them with dehydrated mouth/throat. I also thought about the 'carbo-loading' preparation that I had done the week before and whether it offered any benefit or not.



More... )

No comments:

Post a Comment