Sunday 13 March 2011

Ceviche - Courtesy of the Daring Cooks



Kathlyn of Bake Like a Ninja was our Daring Cooks' March 2011 hostess. Kathlyn challenges us to make two classic Peruvian dishes: Ceviche de Pescado from "Peruvian Cooking – Basic Recipes" by Annik Franco Barreau. And Papas Rellenas adapted from a home recipe by Kathlyn's Spanish teacher, Mayra.



I have never had ceviche before although I have heard of it. Being a huge fan of sushi the prospect of raw fish did not put me off at all. The thought of using it in a whole new way was exciting, and I decided that I wanted to do something different with it. Make it stand out. Make something thats not like anything I've had/seen/made before. So I looked around online and read loads of recipes using white fish, salmon, herbs, and then one caught my eye. Scallop and Peach Ceviche.


More... )

No comments:

Post a Comment