Sunday 8 May 2011

Whiskey Raisin Banana Bread and Butter Pudding


You know those nights, when you are driving home from work and you are wondering what you will have for dinner. There is nobody to cook for except yourself so there are no rules. I had one of those nights last week. I'd had a particularly crappy work day and I was on my way home doing a mental inventory of the food in the house, and I came to the conclusion that I needed butter. I already knew that I was going to embark on a theraputic baking exercise when i got home, but baking options become significantly limited when one is out of butter. Now I know there are loads of lovely vegan baking recipes online that would be suitable for such an occasion, but I wanted butter. I wanted creamed butter and sugar. And I wanted bread and butter pudding.


I watched this video on Joy the Baker's website a couple of weeks ago, and it was doing the rounds in my head. I wish I had a baking buddy like that, what fun! And the Bourbon Bread and Butter pudding that they made looked simple, comforting and delicious. But I needed butter. It was 17:45-ish and the thought of driving any kind of distance in the traffic for a simple brick of butter was out of the question. So I sucked it up and drove past my house and onwards to Asda.
More... )

No comments:

Post a Comment