Wednesday 3 August 2011

Lemon Curd

 

 


I love lemon. Lemon cake, lemon tart, lemon cookies, lemon bars, you get the idea. I even eat lemon. Straight. Weirdo? I know. I can't help it.

So yesterday while making a bunch of low calorie cupcakes, I had some time to kill in between batches and I also had a whole load of egg yolks left over from using the egg whites in the cupcakes. As my brain was mulling over the potential uses for 8 egg yolks, my eyes fell on the big bag of lemons in the fruit bowl. Perfect! :) Lemon Curd!


My first memory of lemon curd is of my grandmother. I don't know if you can even buy lemon curd in South Africa. We certainly never had it in the house when I was growing up. But I do distinctly remember my grandma having jars of it that I am pretty certain she made herself. I remember it being used just as a topping for bread/toast, and the sweet, silky, lemony flavour has stuck with me.
More... )

No comments:

Post a Comment