Monday 15 August 2011

Big and Bright Rainbow Cake


Wow, I can;t believe I have neglected my blog for so long. I don't know where the time has gone in the last week. Well, I do know actually. Its gone on starting my new part time job - baking and cake decorating at The Cake Gallery in Bowden. What a gorgeous place and the people there are just lovely. Can't wait to get more stuck in this week :) Time has also been spent on my first wedding cake order, hurrah! I am SO excited to have the opportunity to make a wedding cake for a lovely couple who are getting married in 6 weeks. It will be a square, 3-tier cake. Separated by pillars so its super tall, and decorated with garret frills and yellow roses. I can't wait to get going on that one. I have also been planning the design for the golden wedding anniversary cake which I am doing in 2 weeks time. I think I have settled on the design now, so just need to go and get a baking tin and I will begin next week.



So things are going well. The only slightly sore point is that I haven't received any orders from my website yet. I have done a lot more content writing this past weekend to make Google like it more, and I guess that takes time before it shows, but I am wondering if people just don't find it, or if there is something about the site that puts them off. If you are reading this and are at all curious, take a mosey on to my site and let me know what you think. Any feedback will be welcome! Thank you.
More... )

No comments:

Post a Comment