Thursday 14 July 2011

Apricot Breakfast Crisp


I had been neglecting breakfast for a while. It had been ages since I had made some vanilla-ey, banana-ey porridge, and I was in the breakfast doldrums. Dry toast or cardboardey cereal was getting me down. So I went looking for inspiration. First in the greengrocer down the road. I had originally gone in there looking for an onion or something equally mundane, but I emerged with a large box of apricots.


I cannot remember the last time I had a fresh apricot. Sure, I've had dried ones in my granola on occasion, but real, fresh, tart little copper beauties, not for a very long time. So I grabbed them. The colour of them seduced me. Look at them, can you blame me? I was powerless to resist the loud orange call.



More... )

No comments:

Post a Comment