Tuesday 9 February 2010

Warm comforts

There is nothing quite like the promise of a warm bowl of fabulous-smelling soup when you have come in from the cold after a hard gym session. One hot shower and some simple cooking later, and I was digging into my spiced butternut soup with fresh sundried tomato and parmesan bread and some smooth, creamy goats cheese. Satisfyingly filling but relatively healthy, it made for the perfect dinner tonight when I desperately needed comfort from the throbbing in the back of my neck which threatens to turn into a headache and from my legs which feel like lead after the run at the gym. Some roasted butternut with chilli and thyme blended up with softened onion and garlic and some toasted and ground up cumin and coriander seeds. A bit of stock and salt and pepper and yum.



I found an absolutely amazing recipe online tonight which I am absolutely dying to try. It is for Cappuccino Fudge Cheesecake. It looks like all my favourite things mixed up by magic and turned into an edible slice of heaven... chocolate, coffee, Kahlua, Rum, biscuits, cream cheese, and more. Now I just need an excuse to make it - someone give me an excuse!

No comments:

Post a Comment