Monday 25 November 2013

A Simple and Sweet Snowflake Wedding Cake


.

Snowflake Wedding



.

I am not a fan of the fussy wedding cake. I have made wedding cakes that have been covered with embossed cut outs and hundreds of roses, but the ones that I simply love the look of, are the simpler cakes. I think that it is a real test of one's cake making skill to make a cake that is plain and does not have hundreds of adornments that can be used to cover u any imperfections. When the lines are clean and plain, it is only the fundamental skill of the creator that is on show. I'm not saying that making sugar flowers etc is not a skill. Of course it is. A wonderful skill certainly, but personally, I want to be able to get the basics perfect before I move on to the 'fluff'. Straight sides, level, nice corners. All mercilessly on display with nowhere to hide. And I like it :) What do you think?

 

Orignal From: A Simple and Sweet Snowflake Wedding Cake

No comments:

Post a Comment